- Network Activities
- Guardian Watchmen Programs
- About the Network
- Registration Form - Annual Gathering 2016
- Sign In
CSN is hiring a Program Assistant!
October 18, 2016 (All day)
Are you looking for a great opportunity to support the work of First Nations along BC's North and Central Coast, and Haida Gwaii?
The Coastal Stewardship Network is hiring a Program Assistant who will be responsible for supporting all of the different CSN programs and activities as required. Ideal candidates will have excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication, and time management skills and experience in: 1) teaching, training or mentoring; and 2) planning events and meetings.
S/he will be able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team. Members of Coastal First Nation communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist the CSN Training Coordinator with organizing the Stewardship Technicians Training Program, including communicating with participants and arranging logistics and travel.
- Attend trainings for up to two weeks at a time, supporting students and instructors and conducting course evaluations.
- Support communications regarding training programs, including taking photographs and creating social media content.
- Support the development and delivery of other training initiatives, including researching existing programs and building community-based training.
Coastal Guardian Watchmen Program Support:
- Organize and facilitate monthly Guardian Watchmen conference calls.
- Perform administrative duties, such as ordering/buying equipment and other items, organizing delivery of items, and invoicing communities.
- Provide general Coastal Guardian Watchmen support in communities as requested.
- Assist CSN Communications Coordinator with managing email lists, funding and resource lists, internal website, CSN images and videos, and Dropbox folders.
- Assist with event organization, preparation, and facilitation.
- Perform administrative duties, such as making travel arrangements, taking notes, and preparing meeting summaries.
- Assist with financial administration, including tracking invoices and expenditures.
- Provide support as needed to other CSN programs and activities.
- Familiarity with Coastal First Nations communities, environmental stewardship, and Indigenous governance contexts.
- Experience working in educational environments, including tutoring, mentoring, instructing, public speaking, and/or facilitating meetings.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
- Highly organized, with strong attention to detail.
- Administrative experience, including organizing events and meetings.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and a commitment to team and relationship building.
- Ability to build relationships and work effectively with limited supervision and as part of a team. Flexible and adaptable.
- Experience with financial administration and purchasing for businesses an asset.
- High school graduation required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Terms of Employment:
- This is a contract position, based on 4 days/week, that will be confirmed on an annual basis. The start date will be as soon as possible.
- The position reports to Jana Kotaska, Program Manager, CSN.
- The position will require travel. Travel expenses will be covered.
- Office space will not be provided for this position. Candidates may be based out of one of the Coastal First Nation communities, Prince Rupert, Vancouver, or southern Vancouver Island. Costs associated with travel will be considered in the final selection.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Elodie Button, Training Coordinator, CSN: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline is October 31, 2016